WordPress is one of the most popular content management platforms available.
- Over 25% of all websites are powered by WordPress and it is used by more than 74 million sites.
- WordPress is a great platform to get a responsive website up and running online, in next to no time.
- You can even use the platform for your e-commerce solution as there are plugins available to convert a simple blogging website to a full e-commerce shopping cart system.
Creating websites in WordPress will give you the following benefits:
- WordPress is search engine friendly. The most popular search engines actually prefer sites that are powered by WordPress because its framework is easy to crawl.
- WordPress is ready for the mobile web.
- WordPress is mature. WordPress is over ten years old. During the past decade WordPress has been refined, tested, and enhanced. In the process it has evolved into a world-class web publishing system.
- WordPress is open source. Unlike other website building tools WordPress is open source and free from commercial restrictions and limitations. That means you can use the software anyway you choose and host your website anywhere you choose. All without fear that changes in someone else’s business model will have an adverse impact one of your most important business assets.
- The flexibility of WordPress is another feature that can’t be topped. No matter what you’re using WordPress for – whether as a personal blog, a popular ecommerce site or complex CMS website, WordPress is versatile enough to meet any and all of your needs through its extensive features and extensions.
- Security patches are distributed regularly and as long as the Framework is setup correctly and follows best practises, WordPress is a secure platform.
Whilst all of the benefits above are true, using WordPress for the first time can be daunting and confusing. Like all websites your WordPress site will need to be setup and optimised, so the same search engine optimisation techniques you would apply to a non-WordPress driven website will also need to be applied.
WordPress really is the ‘go to’ web building software to create your responsive site
However WordPress does not come optimised out of the box so if you are expecting to install the package, add your theme and voila your site will be highly ranked in the search engines, you need to rethink your strategy.
Would you like us to do the work for you ? Click here for our latest deals